Sep 10, 2012

I hate to be single

This topic caught my eye not only because I find myself in this season of my life, but also because I`ve heard from so many singles how hard its for them the single life.
"Single" does not necessarily means lonely and depressed, also isnt the opportunity to take advantage of the freedom and live loosely, however we should embrace this season of our lives and make the most of it according to God`s will .
I personally wasnt very happy about it.Sometimes I was at home feeling lonely,depressed,sad ,or in the other hand I was out making a mess of my life but in none of this states I could find contentment.
One thing I learned "life can be as beautiful as you want it to be" ,your happiness should not depend on circumstances such as marital status, I`ve also learned that marriage doesnt always mean happiness.

According to the Bible the Single life could be a true Gift:

"Are you bound to a wife? Do not seek to be loosed. Are you loosed from a wife? Do not seek a wife" (1Co.7:27)
" But I want you to be without care. He who is unmarried cares for the things of the Lord—how he may please the Lord. But he who is married cares about the things of the world—how he may please his wife.  There is a difference between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman cares about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But she who is married cares about the things of the world—how she may please her husband" (1Co.7:32-34).

God`s purpose for our lives goes beyond the one of finding a spouse. Lets take a look at two successful singles in the Bible : Jesus whom lived a single life completely dedicated to his Father work, and Paul who was single when God called him to do his work and decided to stay that way" But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am" (1Co.7:8)
 

Singleness could be the most beautiful season of your life ,it all depends on how you look at it , and theres many godly ways to enjoy this season to the fullest :
  • Spending time daily with the Lord and doing his work, this couldnt come that easy when you are married for the many obligations that marriage implies.
  • While you single you can let God work on you so you can be fully prepared to be the best spouse you can be and bring something to the table other than your body .
  • As a single person you can make your own decisions , go for the things that you like and want, because you are unyoked , when you are married you have to consider your spouse because marriage is a yoke .
Now dont get me wrong I dont mean that you shouldnt get married  "But even if you do marry, you have not sinned; and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. Nevertheless such will have trouble in the flesh, but I would spare you." (1 Co.7:28)  but before you think about marriage you should reconsider what are the real reasons you want to marry that person , because many times we are based on superficial reasons that vanish with time .(This was my own experience)
Be of good courage! enjoy your single life and make the most of it , this could be the best season of your life.
If you desire to get married ,leave the whole thing to God , trust in his perfect timing and matching, dont rush into it but If you think you are cool being single ,well pray for the strenght to have a successful life .

From my own experince I can tell you that I`m enjoying very much  this season of my life ! :)

 To God be the glory now and forever

No comments:

Post a Comment